This is an opportunity for a highly talented male performer to join us on the creation and tour of our exciting new production.
Vessel is a solo performance that takes place in a one-man rowing boat, with a constantly raining storm cloud caught on its mast. What is a life well lived? What about all the things you meant to do one day?
Vessel will be about the value of ‘now’, and whether it is possible to leave knowing you did enough.
An emotive tale to inspire and uplift, in Vessel we will look at life through the lens of death. Told with humour, poetic imagery and visceral physicality, Vessel is about how to best make use of the phenomenon we call life, about remembering what matters, as we navigate our fast and overwhelmingly complex lives.
Combining circus, physical theatre, melancholic humour and projection mapping, Vessel will be an athletic and highly visual performance for outdoor, after-dark performance.
Acrojou create highly visual circus and theatre performances, for outdoor events worldwide. The company’s mission is to create ambitious performance with integrity: work addressing the human condition that is accessible, challenging, and crafted for presentation outdoors, where people of all ages and backgrounds can access it for free in their local spaces. Telling human stories through athletic physicality and poetic visual design.
Vessel will be both technically and artistically our most ambitious show to date. This is an opportunity to be part of a unique, performer-led creation process exploring an exciting blend of skills. We devise work collaboratively, with performers being a key part of realising the artistic vision of this show. Following creation and rehearsal, Vessel will tour from May 2017 (see Dates below)
Required Skills / Experience
We are looking for highly skilled individual to join us on this project. Applicants must be experienced and comfortable with contributing to an ambitious and honest devising process.
– Must be very strong physical theatre performer from a Lecoq or similar background. Core base of Corporeal Mime training would also be acceptable
– Chinese Pole or acrobatics training
– Strong performance presence, acting and comic ability
– Strong movement / dance ability – Experience in small-scale outdoor touring
– Highly motivated
– Easy going
– Desire to contribute as part of our creative team
– Reliable, punctual
– Happy touring as part of a small but hard working team
– Must like water! The show will require the performer to get wet, as they will be rained on for the duration of the performance.
Applicants must be very comfortable talking to new people. The soundtrack for Vessel will be built from recorded conversations with members of the public before each show. Being happy with and enjoying this interaction is a key skill and responsibility.
Vessel will be touring with a technical manager, however the performer may be called upon to assist in certain areas:
– Assisting on assembling the set or other technical preparation
This application is for the chance to attend a workshop audition for Vessel . The free workshop will be open to selected applicants and will take the form of a company creation process, running for five half days over a week. It will explore ideas around the shows themes, and will cover dark clown, physical creation, devising, acrobatic choreography and improvisation.
This gives us the chance to test a potential working relationship, see your range, and will offer participants the chance to work with key members of the production and creative team, experiencingour methodology and how we create work.
– 24th-27th October 2016, LONDON
– 9am – 2pm
– must have a valid passport
– Must be available for the relevant dates
– Equity or similar PLI Cover
Non-essential bonus skills
– Able to speak more than one language
– Driving license
Creation and tour Dates
Creation [dates TBC] 2017:
– Jan 16 – Feb 03
– Feb 13 – 17
– Feb 20 – 24
– Mar 06 – 17
– Touring from mid-April to mid-October 2017. Schedule TBC.
How to Apply
Please send the following to: [email protected]
– one-page CV (including headshot)
– cover letter explaining:
– your interest in the role
– your motivation to work with the company
– your experience in performer-led devised theatre
– your experience and skills in relation to requirements listed
– 2 references with whom you’ve worked on a recent creative devising process.
– links to a short video showreel demonstrating your relevant skills
* *Please do not send video files that require downloading. Please direct questions to [email protected].
Application Deadline – Thursday 20th October 2016 – midnight.
Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Successful candidates will be notified by: 21st October 2016
We are an equal opportunities employer. For a copy of our E&D policy please contact [email protected].
Visit website to learn more about the company: http://www.acrojou.com
Be Part of this Project! Like US below!
Let’s arrive to 10.000 LIKES on Facebook! We Can Do iT!
extra search keywords: europe, uk, england