Circus and Street Art Theatre Company “Acrojou” is auditioning for forthcoming R&D into our new creation,
Vagabond Matter will combine physical performance with science, technology and design engineering, in an investigation into the impact of scientific evolution on Human self-perception, and our future as a species.
For information on the concept: www.acrojou.com/vagabond-matter
We are seeking highly creative and skilled physical performers to come and research the production with us in July 2017. Some of the selected research team will also build the foundations of the final cast for Vagabonds creation and tour in 2018.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Working as a key artistic collaborator in an explorative research and development process.
Joining a dynamic circus and street theatre company, with a close, passionate and highly creative team.
Flexible dates/ hours within project period available.
Casting for: UK/ Europe based Circus/ illusion/ dance/ physical theatre artists, Vagabond Matter research and development period 2017.
For this casting we are particularly encouraging applications from Women and Genderqueer/ non-binary individuals, and BAME artists.
Audition: various times, 20th and 21st of May 2017.
Auditions will be by invite only, and on an individual basis (lasting for up to 2 hrs).
Where: London, UK
Deadline: 6pm, 18th May 2017 (applications will be assessed and audition invites made on a rolling basis so early applications are encouraged).
Project dates: various, 4th – 22nd July 2018, flexible around selected applicants availability.
Project locations: Various, UK (London, Greenham, Bangor).
Fee: dept’ experience, plus expenses. Accommodation provided for periods outside of London (London accomodation can also be provided in some circumstances), all travel expenses covered.
Contract: Freelance, part-time. Days/ hours flexible within project dates.
Trial period: first 3 days of participation in the project.
All offers are made subject to: receipt of satisfactory references, proof of identity, address and eligibility to work in the UK.
As the ideal candidate, you would be:
– Highly skilled in your physical discipline, and your discipline would ideally be something unusual, or something you had claimed completely by taking it in your own direction.
– Highly creative, an innovative thinker eager to interrogate, and share discourse on, Human experience through your artistic discipline.
– Excited by, and ideally experienced in, the process of creating artist-led work collaboratively.
Able to work collaboratively and independently, maintaining a high level of motivation and artistic drive throughout the project.
– Passionate about art and life, with a desire to both contribute, and to and grow personally, as a member of our artistic team.
– A hard-worker and team-player.
• A high level in one of the below specialisms:
– Cigar box manipulation / other interesting object manipulation o Bounce Juggling / Ball juggling/ Contact ball juggling
– Contortion/ bodily manipulation
– Acrobatics/ pair acrobatics / hand-to-hand acrobatics, with unusual choreographic approaches
– Cyr wheel
– Electricity acts
– Tricking/ body popping/ locking / breaking but with, or happy to explore, an unusual rather than street/ traditional aesthetic
– Illusion/ stage magic, especially non-traditional/ weird
– Another interesting physical discipline we don’t yet know about but should
– A very strong mover and performer
Secondary artistic, creation or performance skills that will contribute to
the research process in whatever form are a definite positive.
HOW TO APPLY
The application pack is available to download here: www.acrojou.com/join-the-team
Please send your completed application materials:
• to [email protected]
• by 6pm on the18th of May 2017
• with ‘VAGABOND MATTER RESEARCH CASTING’ in the subject line.
Application appraisals/ audition invitations will take place throughout the application period, so prompt application submission is encouraged.
If you have any questions please contact:
Tommaso ([email protected] or +44 (0)7459 873172) within office hours.
tags: europe, uk, england