Carolyn Dorfman Dance is accepting VIDEO AUDITIONS from male dancers for our 2017-18 Touring Season, including creation of new work, performance and teaching residencies.
– Full-time (Mid-September)
– Paid rehearsals, performance, and teaching
– Non-union, 30+ week contract.
– Rehearsals are primarily held inNYC.
– Legal work status required.
Seeking male with strong modern dance technique, bold athleticism and theatrical range. Men should be minimum 5’6” tall. Minimum 2 years previous professional experience preferred.
Please submit a 2-3 minute video of you in performance, rehearsal and/or studio work which demonstrates:
– Strong technical training
– Performance quality
– Your ability to move through space, on the floor, and in the air
– Both sustained and quick movement
Additional video requirements:
– Make sure the recording is of good quality so that we can see you clearly enough to evaluate your skills.
– Clearly identify yourself in the clip if you are not the only dancer
– The clip should be no more than 1 year old
– Upload to YouTube or a password protected Vimeo account. Email the exact web address, password (if applicable), and your name and contact information to [email protected].
Dancers selected will be seen in person by appointment only. Please submit your video with the following information: resume, headshot, email, phone, U.S. work status, and how you heard about the audition.
Visit website to learn more about the company: http://carolyndorfman.dance/
Photo by Whitney Browne
tags: america, usa, us, nyc, new york, new york city