Charlotte Spencer Projects are currently about to embark on the final creation phase of an ambitious new outdoor performance work, Is this A Waste Land? We are looking for a male performer to join our friendly and vibrant team throughout the rehearsals in Spring 2017 and for performances in Spring and Autumn 2017 with potential further performances in 2018.
Is this a Waste Land? is new a head-phoned live performance for disused urban spaces which offers new ways of being together. Part interactive audio, part live performance designed for 6 performers and up to 80 audience members, Is this a Waste Land? investigates new ideas around utility of space, waste, home, belonging and community in liminal spaces. It invites us to participate in conversations about how we might (re)imagine and animate our future spaces as we question ideas of progress and strive for more sustainable models of living. How can we live right now? How about starting with the body?
We are looking for performers who are:
– curious about the subject matter of the work
– enjoy working with objects (found materials, sails, ropes etc) in various capacities: to create structures, to figure out how things work, to move through/with
– interested and comfortable to work outside on unusual (probably quite grubby) sites with few amenities for the entire rehearsal period (including building make-shift structures to shelter under and using simple compost toilets!)
– enjoy working with tasks to develop material
– enjoy being part of an artistic community of people
– curious to explore new ways of working and interacting with audiences in the experience of performance
– performers are asked to engage with the project emotionally as well as physically and mentally
We will be inviting selected artists to come for an afternoon on Thursday 2 February in South East London, to meet artistic director Charlotte Spencer and producer, Keren Kossow and to spend some time working with each other and materials. It is essential that applicants are available for all the performance dates and rehearsals.
Dates and Locations of the project:
3 & 4 March in Corby
27 March – 28 April in Corby (preview performance 20 April) Not weekends.
29 & 30 April – performances in Corby
8-14 May – Glasgow (Performances 12 – 14th)
2-22 October – Rehearsals & performances in Warwick and London (tbc)
This is a paid opportunity (subject to funding) £500 / week. In addition, Charlotte Spencer Projects will provide self-catered accommodation, travel and food costs on all work outside of London.
To express an interest in becoming part of the team, please send an e-mail to both of the following email addresses:
Charlotte Spencer: [email protected]
Keren Kossow: [email protected]
letting us know why you would be interested in the role along with a CV. We will let everyone know whether or not they have been invited to the selection workshop by Monday 30th January.
Deadline for application: 25th January 2017
To learn more about the company, please visit: www.charlottespencerprojects.org
Watch the Video Trailer of Is this a Waste Land?:
Be Part of this Project! Like US below!
Almost 10.000 LIKES on Facebook! Lets Do iT!
extra search keywords: europe, uk
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Hessisches Staatstheater Wiesbaden is Urgently Looking for Contemporary Dancers - September 22, 2017
- PLAN MEE is Seeking 1 Female Dancer / Performer for the Upcoming Production - September 22, 2017
- Ballet Company of the Silesian Opera is Looking for Male and Female Dancers - September 22, 2017