Henri Oguike is inviting dancers to apply to audition for the creation of a new work for Ignition Dance Festival produced by DanceWest. Henri will create a group piece that will delve deeply into the rhythmic and dynamic possibilities linking choreography to music. Producing delicate nuances of the body as a natural generator of ‘narratives’ in the work.
Oguike has the most eclectic and inquisitive musicality of any choreographer I can think of in the UK. Arts Desk
Henri has created many works internationally over the last 15 years. His mission is to push the boundaries of dance and to discover fresh ways of engaging people in unique and beautifully crafted experiences.
Audition: 11.00-17.00 Friday 19 May.
Rehearsals: Dates to be confirmed but rehearsals will take place in London
Performance: Friday 16 June and Wednesday 28 June 2017. It is anticipated that future touring will then take place in 2018.
To Apply: Audition will be by invitation only to apply please send to [email protected] :
– Your CV of no more than one side of A4 detailing where you have trained and what the focus of your work has been the last 3 years.
– Short link to a video of maximum 2 minutes of clear material – preferably in the studio. (Anything will longer than 2 minutes will not be viewed.)
– 1 x Headshot
– 2 x Full bodied dance shots
Deadline for application: The closing date for applications is the 17 May 2017.
If you have not heard back by the 18 May you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Visit website to learn more about Henri Oguike www.henrioguike.com
Photo: Piece by Henri Oguike, Photo by Chris Nash
tags: europe, london, uk, england
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Hessisches Staatstheater Wiesbaden is Urgently Looking for Contemporary Dancers - September 22, 2017
- PLAN MEE is Seeking 1 Female Dancer / Performer for the Upcoming Production - September 22, 2017
- Ballet Company of the Silesian Opera is Looking for Male and Female Dancers - September 22, 2017