Humanhood is auditioning for outstanding female and male professional dancers as well as apprentice dancers to join the company for the first phase R&D of their new production ‘Torus’ as well as other company projects.
The company creates highly physical and intricate choreography which requires a mature and open approach to the work. The company is both based in Birmingham and Barcelona, where the research process will be developed.
Professional and Apprentice applicants should have a deep understanding of movement quality, with special attention to fluid and articulated movement. Additionally, applicants should be willing to explore new physical terrains and be open and responsive to the propositions and guidance of the company’s Co-artistic Directors.
All applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with the company and its work before attending the audition.
‘Torus’ R&D will be developed in 3 separate periods:
– 3 weeks in November 2017
– 4 weeks in February and March 2018.
– Sharing of the work-in-progress: 23rd March at The Patrick Centre, Birmingham.
Creation dates following this initial phase will be discussed with the successful dancers during the R&D. Please note extra dates may be added for additional company projects.
This position is paid for both professional and apprentice dancers.
When: 21st & 22nd August 2017 – 9:30am Registration
Where: DanceXchange Thorp St, Birmingham B5 4TB, United Kingdom
If you wish to attend please send an email to [email protected] with your name as the subject.
NOTE: This is an OPEN audition. There will be periodic cuts throughout the two dates.
Visit website to learn more about the company: http://humanhood.net/
tags: europe, uk
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- ACTS / Ecole de Danse Contemporaine de Paris is Auditioning for its Professional Course - July 19, 2017
- Choreographer Jill Crovisier is Looking for 4 Professional Dancers and 1 Apprentice Dancer - July 17, 2017
- Ballet des Amériques is Looking for Classically and Modern Trained Dancers - July 14, 2017