Room 2 Manoeuvre is seeking 1 male dancer to join their team for the creation of a new hip hop dance theatre piece, Without a Hitch. It is the story of the downward spiral of a 4 man breakdance crew. The work will use a mixture of breaking, physical theatre and text to explore this theme.
The work is both physical and subtle and requires this performance range from any applicant. The project will be based in Edinburgh, the home of the company, with rehearsals and performances in Oulu, Finland and a UK tour in the autumn. Please familiarize yourself with the company at http://www.r-2-m.net
Applicants must demonstrate the following essential requirements:
• A high technical ability of Breakdance vocabulary such as top rock, foot work, freezes and power moves (you should at least be able to do a continuous windmill). Formally trained dancers with such skills are encouraged to apply.
• The ability to demonstrate a range of sensitivity, from dynamic breaking moves to more subtle qualities.
• A proven track record of working professionally (please bring a CV).
• A good level of spoken English. This work will involve the use of text and applicants must be comfortable with speaking on stage.
• Must possess the right to live and work in the UK and EU. Room 2 Manoeuvre will not arrange visas or such documents.
• Must be fully CRB/PVG disclosure checked for education purposes.
• Should be available for the duration of this project.
As well as the above, it is desirable that applicants should have experience of other movement styles and practices such as contemporary dance, physical theatre, contact and partnering work, using theatrical expression/acting and working creatively by themselves and in a group. Basic acrobatic skills (round off back flip, front/rear somersault) would be an advantage. The company likes to work with performers as collaborators and therefore any applicant should be prepared to invest some of their own personality into the work.
13th March – 26th April. Rehearsals in Edinburgh and Oulu, Finland.
27th April – 3rd May. Performances in Oulu, Finland
2nd October – 11th November. Re-rehearsal and UK tour
Fees and expenses:
£450.00 p/w, travel, accommodation (if required) & per diems on tour. If coming from outside of Edinburgh, Room 2 Manoeuvre will endeavour to assist you in finding suitable accommodation. Applicants are responsible for their own National Insurance and tax requirements.
Date: Thursday 9th February, 2017
Time: 0945 – 1800
Location: Centre 151, 151 Whiston Road, London E2 8BN, UK.
Contact: http://www.centre151.com/ or 020 7739 3650
Getting there: By train – Haggerston overground station or Hoxton station. By Bus – Bus 394 stops very near Centre 151 and runs from Islington/Angel to Hackney/Homerton. Bus 149 and 242 can be accessed from London Bridge Tube Station and run to Centre 151.
This will be an open audition and run as follows:
0945 – 1030. Registration. No Admission after 1030.
1030 – 1130. Warm up followed by class.
1130 – 1245. Freestyle presentation and tasks.
After this a selection of applicants will be asked to remain for the rest of the day until no later than 1800. Suitable breaks will be provided.
Please bring an up to date CV. Any problems on the day please call +44(0)7956 255 186 and If you have any queries then please email [email protected]. Please mark you email “WAH Audition”.
Please familiarize yourself with the company at http://www.r-2-m.net
Be Part of this Project! Like US below!
10.000 LIKES on Facebook! Thank You!
extra search keywords: europe, uk