Rosie Kay Dance Company seeks
5 x Dancers for MK ULTRA
- Male and female dancers with a playing age of 17-28
- Strong contemporary technique, excellent strength and fitness
- Experience of street, pop, house and/or breaking styles desirable but not essential
- Diverse performers with interesting/unique/quirky looks and strong confidence
- Positive attitude, hard working and willing to contribute to a healthy, fun touring company atmosphere
- Freelance contract
- 5 weeks rehearsals 9 – 27 Jan & 27 Feb – 10 Mar in Birmingham. £460 per week.
- Production/premiere week 13 – 18 Mar in Birmingham. £510 per week.
- 7 weeks UK touring over period 20 Mar – 21 May 2017. £510 per week.
- Relocation and travel allowance during rehearsal period.
- Travel, accommodation and per diems provided on tour.
- All fees paid at the end of each week worked.
- Must be available for all dates required.
Application deadline: 5pm on Tue 25 October 2016, you will be notified by Thu 27 October
Auditions (by invitation only):
- First round in London at The Place on Thu 3 Nov 11:00-18:00
- Or first round in Birmingham at DanceXchange on Mon 7 Nov 10:00-17:00
- Final audition in Birmingham at DanceXchange on Fri 18 Nov 13:30-18:00
Please note we cannot accept applications by e-mail and cannot offer alternative audition dates or online auditions.
About MK ULTRA
MK ULTRA is Rosie Kay Dance Company’s new mid-scale production for 2017. MK ULTRA explores the world of conspiracy theories, the Illuminati and mainstream media mind control. RKDC explores a weird world of symbolism and occult signs and deconstructs it for an aware and an unaware audience.
Kay has spent several years researching internet conspiracy theory, and then working with young people (14-25 years) and academics on the proliferation and effect that these theories have on perceptions of reality. This work uses highly technical, physical and complex dance vocabulary, strong visuals and costuming, combined with Kay’s unique and original choreographic slant and political standpoint.
Video trailer from research and development phase: https://vimeo.com/180853877
About Rosie Kay Dance Company
Currently Best Independent Company (Critics’ Circle National Dance Awards) Rosie Kay Dance Company is based in Birmingham and tours work nationally. Rosie Kay is one of the UK’s leading female choreographers. She is renowned for her athletic movement, rigorous research and intelligent theatricality. Choreographer to the hit film Sunshine on Leith, Kay is best known for the five star award-winning 5 SOLDIERS. The company is currently touring Double Points: K & Motel and developing MK ULTRA for 2017.
What we’re looking for
- Five male and female performers to join a diverse company for a mid-scale UK tour.
- You must be both an incredibly strong, robust and fit dancer and give consistent, exceptional performances
- We are looking for professionally trained dancers, ideally with some experience of working professionally and touring
- Please research our work before applying.
How to Apply:
Please complete the application form by 5pm on Tuesday 25 October 2016. You will be notified on Thu 27 October.
Learn more about the company at http://rosiekay.co.uk
Be Part of this Project! Like US below!
Let’s arrive to 10.000 LIKES on Facebook! We Can Do iT!
extra search keywords: europe, uk, england