Opera Australia is seeking MALE DANCERS for its 2018 Sydney Summer Season of THE NOSE – directed by Barrie Kosky and choreographed by Otto Pichler.
This production will commence rehearsals 15 January 2018 and be performed at the Sydney Opera House opening 21 February 2018, with the final performance on 3 March 2018.
Casual contracts will be offered to Sydney-based male dancers, all roles are non-singing / non-speaking.
We are looking for:
• 9 Adult Male Dancers – Tap Dancers with contemporary dance skills or Contemporary Dancers who can tap! In other words, ‘all-rounders’ with tap ability, extroverted and exuberant personalities, comfortable performing in high heels and corsets. Dancers must be willing to work as a team, collaborate in the creative process and have stamina. Musicality and working to complex rhythms and will also be an advantage.
• 1 Child Male Tap Dancer – Maximum height 135cm (4’5”), between ages of 8-12yrs. Excellent tap dancing ability, stage presence, stage confidence and musicality an advantage.
Dancers must be Sydney-based residents.
Interested in applying?
Click the LINK below for more information and to apply.
extra search keywords: oceania, australia, sydney
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- SUBMERGE: Summer Dance Workshop and Performance Festival Berlin - July 26, 2017
- NOMAD Dance Academy Summer Intensive 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Ballet Black is Seeking Male Dancers to Join the Company for 2017/18 Season - July 26, 2017