Wired is looking for exceptional, dynamic and experienced male and female performers.
Wired Aerial Theatre is an internationally renowned aerial theatre company, based at The Higher Space in Liverpool. We create and tour a range of performance works as well as delivering specialist aerial consultancy for several companies, festivals and clients worldwide.
- Training in a variety of dance techniques, including contemporary dance
- Experience in highly physical work; contact, improvisation and partnering skills
- Capability to dance with a grounded, strong and dynamic quality
- Experience of / open to working with character work
- Strong improvisational skills and ability to contribute to creative approaches
- Willingness to travel to different performance sites
- Comfortable working at height and performing in outdoor locations
Experience and knowledge of working in a harness would be an advantage (this includes rock climbing), as well as experience in performing at heights of around 30 metres. Training in Bungee-Assisted Dance and other necessary aerial techniques will be provided if required.
You must be a good team member and experienced at working under pressure.
Please note that, due to the nature of the work, we are looking for performers over the age of 25.
WE ARE OFFERING
- Contracts for performances in Turkey, France, Austria and other international cities
- Various contracts for specific projects (these will vary in duration, going from a few days to several weeks)
- Long-term bookings
- Payment above Equity minimum
- Salary dependent on skills and experience
- Fill in the Application form
- Fill in the Equal opportunities form
- Attach 2 recent pictures: 1 headshot and 1 full body shot
- We will get back to the shortlisted candidates on Friday 6th January 2017. The shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an audition day(s) at The Higher Space, Liverpool between 11th-14th January 2017, where they will undertake a variety of practical skills, as well as an informal interview.
- Please note that for one of the projects, and due to contract specification, candidates must be able to swim.
To Apply: Send all of the above to [email protected]
Deadline for Applications: midnight on Monday 2nd January 2017
Dates to pencil:
When: between 11th-14th January 2017
Where: Liverpool (The Higher Space, 10 Cotton Street, L3 7DY)
Rehearsals and performances: from March to September 2017
Please let us know if you have any commitments that might affect your availability/schedule
For any questions, you can contact us here: [email protected] or by calling +44 (0) 151 207 7568
Please note the office will be closed over Christmas from 24th December to 2nd January inclusive.
Visit website to learn more about Wired Aerial Theatre: http://wiredaerialtheatre.com
Photo: As The World Tipped by Wired Aerial Theatre | Photo by ©Mark McNulty
Be Part of this Project! Like US below!
Almost 10.000 LIKES on Facebook! Lets Do iT!
extra search keywords: europe, uk
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Eleanor Bauer CHOREO | GRAPHY workshop - September 20, 2017
- Northern Ballet is Looking for Male and Female Dancers - September 20, 2017
- Workshops: Martial partnering – The String of the Body® Practice - September 20, 2017