– 2 to 3 visual disabled or blind dancers/performers
These persons must be:
– willing to perform durationally, i.e. for 3 hours.
– ability to hold a strong presence and groundedness in the body over a long duration while performing minimal movement
– comfortable working with touch
– comfortable working improvisationally
– comfortable performing text
– based in Berlin preferably but if not, in the Schengen area
– available for the rehearsal period in Berlin November 10 – December 20, 2017
– available for the performance period in Berlin January 2 – 17, 2018
This production is supported by tanzfähig.
A BIT ABOUT THE WORK
This production will not be rooted in classical ballet, modern dance nor contemporary dance; it will be using a dance form I have developed called non-visual dance.
For more information please visit: https://www.zwoisymearsclarke.com/open-call-perfomer/
How to Apply: If you would be interested in being a part of the project, send a message using the online application form
– the city/town where you are based
– whether you are visually disabled or blind
– the number of years of professional performance/dance experience you have
– whether you have experience performing durational pieces of 2 hours or more, if so please name the title(s) and the name of the artist(s)
– a short description of a project (no matter in dance or not) that meant a lot to you and why
– a short answer (a couple sentences) about why the project peaks your interest
– any initial questions you have concerning the project
After submitting the application you will receive further details about the project, including salary, whether you were successful for this project, and answers to your questions.
Note from Zwoisy: ‘I value better representation on the stages of contemporary dance and actively encourage applications from underrepresented minorities!’
For more information please visit: https://www.zwoisymearsclarke.com/
Photo by: Marion Borriss
tags: Europe, dance, disibility