We are looking for a 3 dancers/performers to contribute to and perform in Mercurial Dance’s latest research and development Ballet at the Bar(re).
Ballet at the Bar(re) intends to take dance to bars in Coventry, and beyond. We want to take Ballet out of a traditional theatre context and into the lives of those who would not normally go to watch traditional ballets or perhaps contemporary dance. Ballet at the Bar(re) will be an entertaining spectacle in unusual spaces, that will enhance social experiences with found dance experiences. Ballet at the Bar(re) can be showcased almost anywhere with a small bar space, including pubs, bars, and coffee shops. The work will focus on recognisable moments of Ballet for which the public will be familiar with and be able to connect with. The work will be in collaboration with Birmingham Royal Ballet, and a lead for the Birmingham Dance Hub.
We are looking for;
- Local and Regional Performers, who have been trained in Classical Ballet. (Please note there will be no expenses or accommodation budget).
- Performers who are willing to work in unusual spaces and in close proximity to an audience.
- Performers who have a very strong ballet vocabulary and performance background as well as be open to contemporary practices.
- Performers who can contribute to ideas and liaise with the Artistic Director to successfully deliver the vision of the project.
- Performers who either hold or be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
3 week contract between 12th February – 14th April 2018, dates & venue TBC (central Birmingham/Coventry). £500 per week fully inclusive/ £100 a day
Audition Date: 2nd February 2018, Central Birmingham, 10.30am-5.30pm
How to Apply: Please send a statement of interest (max 300 words) along with a CV and one supporting film link to your work (please ensure your film footage is clear) to [email protected].
Deadline for Application: 24th January 2018
For more information please visit: http://www.mercurialdance.co.uk/
Photo: © Mercurial Arts. ‘The SEED’
Tags: Ballet, UK, dance, audition