Candoco Dance Company – the contemporary dance company of disabled and non- disabled dancers – is looking for two dancers to join the company to tour nationally and internationally in 2017-2019.
The dancers will join the company for the making period of a new company work by choreographer Yasmeen Godder.
The upcoming tour season will present a mixture of company repertory,
including Beheld by Alexander Whitley, The Show Must Go On by Jérôme Bel and Let’s Talk About Dis by Hetain Patel and possibly including Trisha Brown’s Set and Reset/Reset. Candoco dancers also deliver the company’s extensive learning programme.
We encourage applications from all disabled artists at any point in their career.
Required for application are:
• 2 years of professional, or comparable, dance experience and/or an extraordinary natural performance style
• Good improvisation skills
• High motivation and physical stamina
• Strong teaching and communications skills
• A commitment to be part of a team and fully participate in the extensive programme of ambassadorial education work worldwide.
Only applications via email will be considered. (If this is not possible, please call us on 020 7704 6845). Please send the following to Pedro Machado and Stine Nilsen, Artistic Co-Directors, at [email protected]:
1. An up-to-date CV
2. A web link, if available, with footage of you performing
3. A covering letter, answering personally the following questions (1000 words maximum):
• Can you tell us briefly about your experience in Dance or Performance?
• Why do you wish to work for Candoco Dance Company?
• What are your thoughts about the current repertory and the possibility of performing it? (There’s plenty of footage on our website)
• What do you find artistically inspiring, both when creating and when seeing dance pieces or other art works?
4. An Equal Opps monitoring form (Click here to download Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form))
Please note: The most useful footage is something short, of about 5 minutes, recorded in a dance studio especially for this audition. It should give us an idea of your technique and improvisational style. Footage from previous performances is also welcome but please indicate the moment you would like us to watch, make sure it’s easy to identify you. If you wish to support your application with a DVD you can send it to: Pedro Machado and Stine Nilsen, Artistic Co-Directors, Candoco Dance Company, 2T Leroy House, 436 Essex Road, London N1 3QP
Where: London, UK
Audition Dates: Friday 10th February and Saturday 11th February (recall), by invitation only. You must be available on both dates.
Contract Start date: 27th March 2017 to 30th July; then again from 27th August.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 18th January 2017, 6pm
Applicants successful in being offered an Audition will be informed by 23rd January or sooner if possible for applications from abroad. Candoco regretfully cannot return any video or DVD footage received.
For the successful audition candidates, the planned start date of contract is 27th March. Dancers are on contract approximately 35 weeks per year; salary is at £554.00 per week from April 2017.
For any further questions about the role please email Joanne Lyons, General Manager on [email protected] or call her on 020 7704 6845.
For further information about the company please go to www.candoco.co.uk
Candoco is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Appointment will be made on merit. Candoco is always interested to hear from disabled artists with an interest in working with the company.
Photo: Candoco Dance Company, You and I Know by Arlene Phillips, Photography by Camilla Greenwell 2016
extra search keywords: uk, europe, england
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Michael Clark Company is Seeking Soloist Level Male and Female Dancers for their 2017 Tour - May 24, 2017
- Laughton Retreat – An Unique Experience for Professional Performers to Relax, Recharge and Reconnect - May 24, 2017
- DeDDDD is Looking for Female and Male Dancers for De Dutch Junior Dance Division - May 23, 2017